Viewing entries in
I would drive 19 h again for that!!! TheCall in Washington DC was an awesome assembly of people who came to pray and fast for our nation, church, government, elections and the future.
It lasted for 12h. It was hot, crowded, dusty and beautiful.
Over 60, 000 people came to glorify God at the feet of the Capitol. Although some names of the people, if announced earlier, would draw the crowds, this was, first of all, a prayer meeting. What stunned me the most was a sober and prayerfull atmosphere surrounding all of the participants of this holy assembly. They came to fast, not to enjoy a festival.
Behind the stage there was a place where we saw a lot of baby shoes tied with laces and notes asking for forgiveness, notes of hope and love, written mostly by the parents of children whom they have aborted earlier in life, and now they miss them in this life.
Jewish blessing at the end, kids dancing ( look for Sophie, Kevin & Teah)
Watch it now, we are there! Watch it on God TV or IHOP webstreaming.
I have met Ralph Martin when he came to Poland with John Wimber. They were the main speakers at the conference in Warsaw, where about 3, 000 believers (Catholics and Protestants) gathered to hear about Jesus' love and power operating in our times. 15 years later, I've just finished Martin's book "The fulfilment of all desire".
YOU MUST READ IT
This is not a book only for those who think that they are called to a "life of prayer" (by the way, how else we can communicate and fellowship with God Himself?). It is not only for those who recognize an intercessory role as their primary function within the body of Christ. It's not only for those who identify themselves as evangelicals or charismatics or mystics or emergent church.
It's for those who:
- desire to acknowledge that there is a depth to the knowledge of God, which we, in our "instant society" are lacking profoundly
- those who are experiencing hunger for God
- those who love challenges
- those who believe that inspiration of the past generations can be valuable
- those who want to go deeper in understanding the ways to reach their Creator
- those who need biblical proof that all of these mystics are right
- don't understand why things are happening, when they laid down their whole lives to Jesus
- those who struggle with prayer life
- those who are tired of seven-points-to-successful-prayer
- those who are searching for the ancient truths spoken in a modern language
- those who love God Himself above everything else, who burned the bridges, who know that there is nothing else to come back to, but are apprehensive of stepping into the unknown
- those who want to become saints ( and I am quite serious about that one)
If you were struggling while reading "Fire within" by T. Dubay, this is "easier to read" version for the same subject - prayer.
You will be messed up for some time, possibly for life...
You will discover (if you don't know yet) that the whole body of Christ should be greatful to the Catholics for their wisdom...
You will wonder why no one told you these things before, and how come all of it is in the Bible...
You will discover something about yourself that someone else already knew hundreds years ago...
You will feel that you are a part of something bigger...